Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dinner: Chicken Spaghetti Recipe

Hi GFWs,

I have been searching all over the internet for a good chicken spaghetti recipe. I couldn't find one. So I had to ask my mother-in-law and my aunt for her recipe since I am trying to learn how to cook different things that my husband likes before he comes home from his deployment. I saw that their recipes were very similar, but decided to make it like his mom because again I'm just practicing for when he comes home. Of course, I substituted a couple of things but hey he will get over it. lol
Here are the ingredients I used:

  • 1 10 3/4 oz. can of Cream of Mushroom
  • 1 10 3/4 oz. can of Cream of Chicken
  • 1 10 oz. can of Rotel Mild Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilli
  • 1 8 oz. can of Del Monte Whole Kernal Corn
  • 1 8 oz. can of Del Monte Sweet Peas
  • 1 12 oz package of Skinner's Regular Spaghetti Noodles
  • 2 packages of boneless breast tenderloins (doesn't matter what brand)
  • 1 small package of Velveeta Cheese (original)
  • Others: salt, pepper, creole seasoning (original)
Let's get started preparing... 
If necessary thaw out your chicken!
Prepare the Creamy Mixture: In a large bowl add cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, corn, sweet peas, rotel, cheese, and a layer of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning (original). Once all are added mix them together. (If you don't have creole seasoning you can just add salt/pepper)
Prepare the chicken: Once the chicken is thawed, washed, and clean begin to fill a pot about half way or 3/4 the way with cold water and place chicken in the pot. Set on the stove on high (medium/high) and cook for 20 minutes or once all chicken as floated to the top. While it was boiling I added a couple of dashed of salt/pepper (Just Because). Once done drain it and run cold water over the chicken. 
Prepare the noodles: If you have a non-stick pot like I have then spray a little PAM at the bottom and along the sides and add water. Let the water come to a "bubbling" boil before adding noodles. Check the back of the package to see how long to allow your noodles to cook. I cooked mine for 11 minutes. Make sure you monitor your noodles to make sure they are not over cooking and/or sticking to the pot.

While the noodles are cooking peel your chicken into bite size pieces and make sure you toss out the gummy icky parts. I added a little salt on my chicken after I peeled it, but its not necessary. By now the noodles should be done so drain them and then preheat your oven at 350 degrees.

Let's get started layering. *Layering is optional, you can just mix it all together then place it into the pan* I forgot to spray my pan with PAM (so make sure you do that)
Layer 1: Creamy Mixture
Layer 2: Chicken
Layer 3: Slices of Cheese
Layer 4: Noodles
Repeat
Once to the top at add cheese. I added both the slices from the chunk of Velveeta and half the bag of shredded Velveeta cheese. 

Place in the stove for 30 minutes on 350 degrees. Stir. Let cool.
Enjoy!!! 
Creamy Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti.


Optional:
-If you are a fan of bell pepper and onion you can add that in with the chicken while it is cooking instead of salt/pepper.
-You don't have to add corn/sweet peas

By the way I am nowhere near a chef. I'm just a beginner. Thanks for viewing.


Before it's cooked

get the 8 oz cans of corn and sweet peas not those in the photo

Creamy Mixture

Creamy Mixture w/ cheese added

Layering

More Layering

Top Layer

Finished! Delicious... ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading. I would love your feedback, so please leave a comment.
Love Ya Lots, Nitra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me