Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fort Hood, TX

One word HOT!!!!
We got here on Monday, August 1st. Once I stepped out of the car I knew then that I was no longer in Mississippi. Texas heat is no joke. Everyone around here is walking around like the heat doesn't bother them, but it sure do bother me. I look like I'm drained out as soon as I walk outside. I can't take this. I will be so happy when the fall or winter seasons come.

On a brighter note we are here and everything is going well except my husband maybe getting deployed soon. Hopefully they want need him because we just got here and I'm not ready to be alone just yet. Well semi-alone. Tell you guys about that part a little later. ha.

The base is huge. So many rules! So many things that can be done, but I haven't done one thing because I'm not use to this heat just yet. I have been on and off post quite a few times and I still don't know my way around it. I guess it is going to take a lot of getting use to.

A couple of days ago my husband went and found us a house. Yes, you read it right he went alone. lol Luckily the house looks nice or we would have a major problem. We want get the keys until the end of the week. We got furniture now which is great and that should arrive sometime next week. The house is a nice 2 bedroom 1 bath home. We had a special guest when we entered the bathroom "a lizard". I ran and screamed because I am not a fan of reptiles or amphibians point, blank, period. OMG. Once the lizard started moving so did I. My husband said that he snapped its neck and then put him in the toilet so I went back into the bathroom and saw the poor little fellow floating "swimming" around in the toilet. Once again I screamed because I thought he was going to get out, but when we returned the next day he was dead. Sorry, for those of you who like lizards. It was so tiny and orange I assumed it was some paper or something until it moved. If I wouldn't have turned on the lights I would have touched it or maybe even stepped on it. Yes, we are in Texas. You wouldn't see a lizard in your bathroom back in Mississippi.

As of now we are staying with his father and step mom. Very nice lady... This post is incomplete but I will finish it once I get a chance. So much to say so little time.

xoxo,
Nitra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading. I would love your feedback, so please leave a comment.
Love Ya Lots, Nitra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me